Digestion Stuck? Let us Help with Colonics
You may have tried laxatives for constipation: They work by softening the stool or lubricating it. Laxatives help relieve discomfort in the short term, but are not a long term solution. They can actually reduce your body’s ability to naturally eliminate waste and toxins, by creating a “lazy colon”. You need your body’s intestinal system to continue using its own fluids and muscle contractions to create peristalsis and normal movement—-naturally and on its own. But, you can help your body to eliminate naturally by making good lifestyle choices.
In contrast to a traditional enema, colon hydrotherapy involves repeated infusions of filtered, warm water into the colon to help tone the bowel and promote healthy elimination. In between these infusions, the therapist allows the client to release, encouraging the body to improve its natural ability to eliminate waste on its own.
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water-around eight glasses per day
- Eat plenty of fruits and veggies – five servings or more per day
- Consider taking probiotics, digestive enzymes, and essential fatty acids (ask our hydrotherapists or naturopath for suggestions)
- If your fruits and veggies don’t provide enough fiber, consider supplements containing fiber from flax or acacia.
- Exercise daily, even walking can be very helpful
- Consider Colon Hydrotherapy